Our plans are built on a touring model, whereby shows will launch in London and then go on the road internationally to the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Events will range in capacity with both general admission and VIP experiences and run for up to 3-4 months in each location. Multiple shows will be touring simultaneously, therefore multi-tasking and prioritisation will form an important part of the role. Shows may range in scale from a few hundred to a few thousand per performance and focus will always be on audience experience.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on all aspects of live event creative with immersive theatre experience a real bonus. The role will encompass every aspect of creative from hiring to coordinating directors, writers, cast, costumes, props, lighting, music and stage teams throughout the journey on each event. As the events have elements of theatre, live music, audience participation, food & beverage, retail and more, the candidate must have a strong knowledge of the different roles needed to build the creative vision of the director. You must be comfortable dealing with stakeholders in all these areas, and where possible have a strong book of contacts in the creative and theatrical industries. You will also be in charge of leading creative development processes and ideation, show flow and fan narratives as well as managing the creative budgets from start to finish in tandem with the central event management team.
The candidate will be highly creative, whilst also organised with an assertive and energetic personality. The role will be a split of creative strategy and thought leadership balance with proactive organisation and management of the creative team. The creative producer will also be the barometer for Rematch’s creative excellence, promoting quality of ideas, quality of crafting, direction and encompassing all areas of creative communications across live, digital and content. They will be constantly assessing and prioritising work for themselves, the creative teams and liaising with central event management and senior management.
The role will manage overall creative budgets and work closely with the production and event management teams to deliver the vision from early visuals through to set-builds and scenic props, costumes and tech. The role will commence at brain storming stage, and finish at the end of a successful run of shows having built and executed the vision.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Build and manage full event P&Ls with the CEO and CFO
- Oversee full event timeline and timely delivery of creative within live events and digital
- Finger on the pulse within creative theatrical and live event industry
- Lead on brainstorming and ideation process
- Put together and lead creative workshops and early stage narrative groups
- Write creative stakeholder briefs and job descriptions
- Oversee consistency between all creative aspects from event promo materials, to live event creative, to digital creative and content
- Liaise with sponsorship teams and traders, F&B to ensure creative activations that fit with the events
- Liaising with event director on creative costs, and timelines
- Source creative stakeholders and freelancers
- Support the creative director on their needs and delivering their vision
- Ensure cast is looked after and all processes around their rehearsals and show days are mapped out and delivered
- Organise all aspects of rehearsals from venue to technical kit and schedules leveraging wider company teams
- Implementing processes and procedures across the creative department
- A minimum of 6+ years working in a similar role within the creative or immersive theatrical industry
- Strong leadership & a cool head; managing a lot of creatives and different personalities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Boundless energy and enthusiasm both on and off event sites
- An exceptional eye for detail and creative flair
- The ability to work quickly and in a fast-paced international environment
- A fair approach ensuring our company diversity policies are delivered
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills; a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Experience with other creative programs and endeavours such as film editing, photography photoshop, illustrator and sketch up a plus
- Willingness to work on-site for long periods of time and flexibility with working hours
- To be self-motivated; and have an entrepreneurial mindset