Think of a great sporting moment that you wish you could have attended… now imagine we could sell you a ticket.
Rematch is a new immersive experience that reimagines the greatest stories in sport. Our real-life events and virtual-world experiences provide a multi-sensory and exploratory journey, allowing fans of all ages to become a part of the narrative. We connect generations and reach beyond the boundaries of sports fans to inspire people with the greatest stories in sport. In 2019 we launched our pilot event with Wimbledon and we are now poised to launch new events with different sporting IP.
In the real-world, ticket holders start the experience well before the event as we build anticipation and excitement through archive film and photography. This is distributed via social media building back story and characters. On the night we then ask fans to come dressed in the era. They are greeted by our cast of actors in character who give them roles to play and encourage audience participation. Fans can explore installations, fulfil challenges, interact with memorabilia, eat, drink and enjoy music of the time. This is before taking in a unique visual reinterpretation of the match using special effects, cutting edge technology, archive footage, and of course our actors.
In the virtual-world, we are developing ground-breaking Extended Reality experiences (AR and VR) alongside the latest NFT services in a way that reach mass audiences, engages them and delivers revenue. Our plans are built on a touring model, whereby shows will launch in London and then go on the road internationally to the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia. Events will range in capacity with both general admission and VIP experiences. Multiple shows will be touring simultaneously, therefore multi-tasking and prioritisation will form an important part of the role. Runs will be of different lengths up to several months, potentially selling up to 100,000 tickets per location.
This is an opportunity for a switched-on candidate to kick-start their events marketing career and play a key part in driving both ticket sales and brand recognition for Rematch.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be assisting on all aspects of the marketing campaigns, from conception to execution. You will be acting as the key point person for external and internal agencies and stakeholders as well as working across the ticketing of the event.
The successful candidate must have experience working in event marketing either in the theatre, sports or music industry. A solid knowledge and passion for not only sport but the wider entertainment landscape will be vital. Experience with ticketing platforms will be a plus.
Key Role & Responsibilities
- To assist the Marketing Director in the creation and completion of all marketing campaigns. This includes all elements of marketing activity including, but not limited to, advertising, activations, promotional events, competitions
- To develop, oversee and proof the production of marketing materials including graphics, video and marketing copy
- Participate in creative campaign planning and ideation sessions with the whole Rematch team
- Liaise with 3rd party ticket agents to report on sales, marketing support and manage allocations
- Undertake research on current and future productions to help inform the campaign strategy
- Develop and manage reciprocal marketing relationships with partners and other organisations
- Liaising with licensor’s to sign off marketing materials
- Researching content and imagery and liaising with content / social media team
- Support on database management
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- Experience of working on marketing arts, music or entertainment events to a wide audience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Experience in working with external agencies and suppliers
- Committed to detail and adherence to timelines, planning documentation and process
- A hands-on, can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Experience of managing 3rd party ticketing platforms and delivering effective promotional activity via their owned communications channels
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite or equivalent design software